Monday, August 8, 2011

Dear Maggie Ch 3 Teaser

A sharp rap on my window had me jumping in my seat so high that the phone tumbled out of my hands and down to the floorboard. I glanced over and was stunned to find Edward staring back at me.

His eyes were bright with fire and his face was gorgeously contorted with anger as he wrenched my door open. “I don’t give a shit about where you came from and how safe you feel in this small town, you don’t fucking sit in a dimly lit parking lot with unlocked doors! By yourself! Jesus, Bella; are you that stupid? Do you want to get raped or something?”

I stared at him in bewildered silence. He was close enough that I could feel his breath ghost across my skin and heat roll off his body, slamming into me and doing the most… wicked of things. His scent circled around me, leaving me lightheaded and drooling as I finally caught that bold, spicy flavor that matched the intensity of the man it belonged to. A hint of the sweet smell of tobacco was underneath it all, and I wanted to close my eyes and just… savor it.

Or maybe huff would’ve been the more appropriate term. He made me unable to think, breathe… function. I wanted to dive headfirst and explore it all, have him teach me everything about what it meant to crave someone like this.

“Well?” he snarled. “Do you?”

“NO!” I shouted, finally getting my wits back about me. “My truck won’t start, you asshole!”

He backed up immediately and ran his hands through his already chaotic hair. “I’m going to pop the hood.”

I blinked. “What?”

“I’m. Going. To. Pop. The. Hood,” he growled.

“Fine,” I growled back, jumping out of my truck the second he spun away from me.

I followed him over to the front of the truck and waited as he expertly found the lever and opened the hood. He peered inside, cursing at how low the light was, and then raced over to his own car.

He came back with a flashlight in one hand and a small bag of tools in the other. He motioned for me to get behind the wheel, which I grudgingly agreed to, although, I honestly had no clue why. He was such a jerk. Cute or not.

“My dad’s inside,” I yelled at him through the hood. “He can take me home and we can just have it towed to the shop tomorrow.”

“Shut up and turn the ignition,” was the answer I got back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment